Kristine: This weekend I got to meet with the unit Dave is deploying with as well as their family members. It was sobering, to say the least, when the information sessions detailed what notification I would get should Dave be killed, captured, wounded, or missing in action. But, other information was incredibly useful as we were briefed on health benefits and other administrative details connected to the labyrinth that is the US Army.
In our free evenings, we got to go out to dinner, worked on a puzzle, and enjoyed our last free days before the longer-term separation. Dave has some pictures on his phone he will hopefully post soon. He is now at another base and learning all about soldier readiness...again. Just under 400 days to go, and counting.
In other news, Spring has sprung in DC. The weather keeps vacillating between cold and beautiful, but hopefully it will settle into gorgeous sometime soon. The National Cherry Blossom Festival starts this next weekend and DC is sure to be blooming all over. So exciting!
Work and school are plugging along too. I have just 5 weeks left in this semester and then I'll be heading straight back to Syracuse and on to graduation!
Just wanted to give a quick update.
We are all counting the days with you Kristine, Army wife. Ah....the Cherry Blossoms...so beautiful. Enjoy for us!
ReplyDeleteCherry blossom season is my absolute favorite time in DC. I am SO JEALOUS! Glad you last few days with Dave were nice - thinking about you two!
ReplyDelete