Monday, March 22, 2010

Two Weeks in DC: Wk 1 cont and Wk 2

Dave: To end my first week of leave we decided to go to downtown one more time.  Kristine had never been to the National Holocust Museum, so we went.  I can't say it was fun. Very informative, yes, impactful, yes, enjoyable, no.  I think the greatest dissapointment was historically Europe in general. Before becoming predominately christian and especially after, Jews were terribly persecuted all over Europe.  Hitler and the Nazis tried to do what England had done in the 12th or 11th centrury which was forcibly evict the Jews from the country.  The Nazis needed a scapegoat in order to rally for political power, and Jews were that for all of Europe.  The Final Solution was only developed once the Nazis didn't have anywhere else to put the Jews they found.  Everything that happened was terrible.  People lost themselves by ignoring the humanity of others.  

It was a good trip and once again we found ourselves at the end of the exibit right at the time the museum closes.  We would have waited in the long lines outside, but my military ID got us immediately in. Sweet.     



Week 2
To start week two of leave we had a grand plan of going to Colonial Williamsburg.  We stopped at Bolling AFB to get discounted tickets, when we found out the tickets weren't so discounted, and Colonial Williamsburg wasn't really as close as we thought.  Willliamsburg suddenlty changed to bowling at Bolling.  Kristine and I hadn't bowled in a while so we went for it.  We both averaged over a hundred, and had a friendly competition. 




Kristine's proof that she was winning.



We were on our way to the Mall after bowling when we saw these guys. I didn't know a skill for rappelling was necessary for washing windows, but evidently I was wrong. 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment