I've been honestly shocked at the multitude of changes affecting my body. I guess I naively thought that pregnancy was mostly a belly affair...but I've learned my lesson! I'm going to spare you the first 14 weeks of my pregnancy for the so-called "morning" sickness symptoms aren't really worth repeating. But there are other things that I've learned also come with pregnancy. For you mothers out there in bloggerland reading this, these symptoms won't seem like anything unique, but I want to record them before they cease to be novel to me:
* EXHAUSTION--isn't it supposed to be the newBORN baby that keeps you up in the middle of the night and makes you tired?? Why does the whole tired thing have to start now??
* Seriously strange dreams and frequent dreaming.
* Cravings--thankfully they haven't come often or unbearably strong, but there are the occasional foods that refuse to leave your mind until acquired and snarfed down.
* wider feet--not swollen, just bigger.
* bleeding gums--even when just brushing but guaranteed to gush every single time I floss.
* "baby brain"--let's just say I have to write things down more often and my poor piano students are getting used to their teacher repeating herself.
* Overheating--it doesn't help when we go through 2 official heat waves with weeks of temperatures in the 90's, but I have felt every climbing degree SO much stronger than I usually do. Especially since returning from Paraguay, I've been much more acclimatized to the heat, but having a living oven inside me has turned me into a hermit hiding under the air conditioner, leaving only to keep my puppy from peeing inside the house.
* And, of course, increased emotions. I can't say I've had any verifyiable "mood swings" but I have felt my emotions sink lower and soar higher than usual. As you'll see in later posts, I've spent a lot of time thinking about what matters most in life to me and being a lot more sentimental about things. I don't cry at life insurance commercials (yet...) but I do laugh harder at stupid jokes, sigh more at romantic love stories, and yell at the news channel a little louder.
If the symptoms themselves weren't enough evidence that something incredibly new and different is happening to my body, here are some prego pics for you all to enjoy:
Thanks everyone for your patience in not hearing a peep from us in more than a month. We're increasingly excited to have our little girl (and be done with the pregnancy thing for a while!) which also means we get to actually spend two weeks in the same physical location. The deployment continues to tick down in days apart, though every time I see my wonderful husband on the Skype screen I can't help but long for this whole ordeal to be over. If nothing else, the baby gives us a constant supply of interesting conversational material as we both learn about the miracle of parenthood and our own processes of preparation to take on this responsibility. While the timing isn't what we had originally planned, we continue to see the hand of our Heavenly Father helping us with what we need and teaching us in ways only He can. We are blessed to be entrusted with one of His precious spirits and are very excited to share the adventure with all of you!!
No comments:
Post a Comment