Dave: So here we are seeing the glorious sights of Baghdad, or at least the glorious sights on Camp Victory.
First on our stop is Saddam's Victory over America Palace. In an effort to show his great victory over America in the 90's, Saddam decided to celebrate with a palace. Unfortunately the palace is still in construction, and Saddam is still working on that victory over America thing too. Way to go Saddam!
Next we have the Flinstone's village. Originally when I heard about this place, I thought it just looked like the Flintstones because of the construction. The truth is that Saddam's kids like the Flinstone's cartoon so much he actually built them a fully functioning village patterned after it. I was a little disappointed to find out there weren't any foot powered cars or dinosaurs.
As you can see, Americans couldn't help but decorate in their own special way. Too bad.
I'll get more pictures of the palaces and other fun stuff when I can. But I can't drive around here without wondering, now that we are legitimizing the government here don't they want all this stuff back? I think and I know Kristine agrees that we should give it back to them, right now, as long as the said transaction would require me returning to NY. I think this deal has promise.
Well the palace is beautiful - at the very least he had good taste in architecture. and the flinstone village is pretty awesome. Did you know you got a doggy? I saw pictures and it is so cute!
ReplyDeleteVery cool pictures Dave, thanks for keeping us all posted!
ReplyDelete