I am in Ft Huachuca, AZ attending a battlefield forensics class for the army before I get sent to Iraq again. What is battlefield forensics one might ask, and the anwser is that it is Crime Scene Investigating, but with big explosions and short time periods included. Basically we do all the interesting stuff you see on the CSI crime shows, but while wearing full body armor and with only a half hour to do it in. Its a fun class, and once again the army is giving me a very specialized set of skills that I am trying to find a use for in the civilian world.
I sent this to Kristine and she asked me who this is. Incredulously I responded that this was me, her husband, and couldn't believe she didn't recognize me. Now that I can actually see the picture, I don't really recognize me either. I was on a GPS scavenger hunt, when I found this really cool cactus. It was the only thing around that didn't look like it was dying, but was actually thriving in the midst of adversity.

Luckily I am out west and I have access to a vehicle on sundays, which means I can go to church. When I was mobilized last time I went as often as I could, but the military doesn't respect the Lord's day and that turned out to be not that often. This time I go every sunday and really appreciate it. I find that this deployment, focusing on my faith and my family has made living the army lifestyle much more bareable.

One last shot of the mountains for my Kristine. She misses the Rockies. These aren't quite the same but are the best I can provide.

No comments:
Post a Comment